Monday, January 28, 2013

Character Monday - Dylan Jackson of Better Nature


Today we're going back to our long since forgotten character interviews. To kick things off, I'd like to introduce you all to Dylan, from Better Nature.

Ok, to get things started, why don’t you tell us a little about yourself. (Brief character bio)
I’m in my twenties, a pack rat by nature. I’m a Gemini and my favorite food is pancakes with lots and lots of syrup. I work in a used book store, though it barely pays the bills. I’m not much of a reader, I’m more of a social person.
What makes you tick? What made you who you are today?
Well thats a loaded question… I suppose growing up in the system. I was never really a foster kid, just bounced around from home to home. It made me appreciate what I have.
What would you say is your greatest strength?
I’ve been told I have a healing touch, and an absorbent shoulder.
Tell me about the person you’re the closest to.
I’d have to say Aunt May. She’s not really my aunt, she’s my hero. Everything I know about being a good man I learned from her.
How do you feel about your life as it is today?
It’s messed up, kind of empty, but it’s ok for now.
What is the most rewarding thing in your life right now?
I’d have to say being able to help people.
What is your favorite memory?
*rakish grin* Meeting Amelia.
What’s Your Worst?
Being sent away by my foster family.
What do you like to do for fun?
People watch. I like to make up little stories about them, then talk to them and see if I’m right.
What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
A triple rainbow and Amelia Hoffman’s eyes.
What is your favorite feature in the opposite sex?
Her smile. I can forgive anything if she flashes a great smile.
What kind of music do you like to listen to?
What is your favorite word?
Indubitably
What is your least favorite word?
HAte
What turns you on?
Generosity
What turns you off?
Closed mindedness
What sound or noise do you love?
A child’s laughter
What sound or noise do you hate?
A woman crying
What is your favorite curse word?
Son of a biscuit
What profession (other than your own) would you like to attempt?
I haven’t given it much thought. I guess I’d like to be a social worker someday.
What profession would you not like to do?
Wait tables. *shudders* I have no desire to be cleaning up other people’s messes.
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
You’re not supposed to be here. Go back.





To learn more about Dylan, you check out my book, Second Nature, and look for Better Nature this May.



No comments:

Post a Comment