Monday, July 18, 2011

Just call me Mr. Rabbit....

"I'm late, I'm late,
for a very important date
No time to say hello goodbye
I'm late, I'm late, I'm late"

Ugh, 25,000 words in eight days and can I focus. Ppsshh! No. I decided to set the standard at 2,000 words a day for the weekend and 5,000 a day for weekdays. I know I can do it because I did it  several times while writing Natural Selection. What I didn't count on was all my friends suddenly having rare windows in their schedules for things, a sick kitty we can't figure out what's wrong with and a general 'Meh' feeling about things. I feel stressed and tired and a little balky. What am I going to do about it? Plug on, keep going and try to worry about one thing at a time. Kitty is in the vet's hands, friends are satisfied with the time spent with them and I am about to force myself to write whatever it takes. And I DID get around 5,000 words written between Friday and now, so there's that....

The way things are looking schedule wise:
Natural Selection is due back from the editor Saturday. This is why Second Nature has to be done by then. Once I get Natural Selection back, I need to go through the editor's suggestions (which I almost never argue with so far since she really gets what I'm trying to say and is amazing) send it off for a second edit, fix anything she's got, then send it to be formatted and published. While the second edit is being done I need to try and get as much of the content edit done as possible. Once its off to be formatted, the content edit will be finished. Then I will give myself a brief break during the actual publication window to promote my book (so if you're interested in reviewing it for me let me know and I will get an ARC as soon as it's formatted) then back to do a full edit which has to be done and to the editor by September 6, when I will start the conclusion of the trilogy, Better Nature. *pant, pant, pant* But this time I will be going in knowing my time table so I think I will be able to get things done much faster. :D

So yeah, if I'm not around this week, that's why. I will hopefully be doing some lead up to my release after this, but who knows. MAybe I'll sit down and write several in advance and scedule my posts. I've been wanting to switch to that format anyway. I've got some good ones, sharing some of the research and background that went into my story. So for now, I will sign off, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment