Monday, October 31, 2011

Character Monday


This week I'd thought I'd discuss some of my favorite characters on tv. There has been a slew of new programs this fall and I'm loving it. In fact there are so many new programs I am interested in, my DVR can't keep up. Though this list isn't restricted to the new shows, some of the characters might come from them.


Without further adieu, here's my top ten characters.

#10:  NYPD homicide Detective Jane Timoney (Prime Suspect)

Yup, already into a new show. I just started watching the show and the snarky, sarcastic, wisecracking detective had me from moment one. I love her rough exterior and the in your face attitude. Maybe it's a little cliche, the ballsy female detective, but eh, I like it.

#9:  Annie Walker (Covert Affairs)
Joining the CIA after getting her heart broken, Annie has had to learn on the job. Innovative and tough, she always has an ace up her sleeve. She is smart and thinks outside the box, and isn't afraid to get her hands dirty. Come on, what girl doesn't want to be a bad ass?

#8: Dean Winchester (Supernatural)

Setting aside the fact that Jenson Ackles is adorable, Dean is full of gravel and vinegar. His rough outside hides a softness he wouldn't admit if his life depended on it. Fiercely loyal to his family, he would give his life if he thought and would help others - and he has.

#7: Monroe (Grimm)
Ok, I know there's only been one episode, but I really like this show and wisecracking Monroe is a big part of that. He's outspoken and sarcastic, two of my favorite flavors. And though reluctantly, he seems to have Nick's back. I definitely think this is a show I will be watching as long as it is still on the air.

#6: Dr. Elizabeth Shannon (Terra Nova)
Elizabeth is tough and yet soft. She is a compassionate doctor but she will get her way no matter what. From the moment she helped her husband escape prison and sneak through the portal, her grit had me paying attention.

#5: Damon Salvatore (Vampire Diaries)
There's something about this bad boy that makes my pulse race. He is a predator and he's ok with that. I'm not sure which I like better, his dark side, or his gorgeous eyes. 

#4: Alec Hardison (Leverage)
Way too smart for his own good, wisecracking Hardison is not as manly as he would like the world to believe. He is slowly filling out, and can hold his own in a fight if he has to. But it's his abilities behind the keyboard I'm really jealous of, to be honest. If it has a keyboard, he can hack it. And he does. Weekly.

#3: Richard Castle (Castle)
A writer with a Peter Pan complex, Castle has some suprising depth. He consults with NYPD with wisecracks, hair-brained theories and a cockiness that drives Beckett crazy. Now I love everything Nathan Fillion is in, but this has to be far and away my favorite. Between his silliness, his tender moments with his daughter and his big boy with expensive toys ways, I love every minute.

#2: Shawn Spencer and Burton "Gus" Guster (Psych)
Ok, I know this is technically two characters, but it's the back and forth between the two that I enjoy the most. From Shawn's reckless attitude to Gus's attempts to control him, it's all funny. Besides, who wouldn't like a show about a fake psychic detective?

#1: Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan (Bones)
Forensic anthropologist with the Jeffersonian Institute, Bones seems cold and methodical. A hard core scientific mind, her inability to cope with the real world outside her lab as well as her interaction with her partner Seely Booth (hubba hubba!) lends itself to a lot of laughs. But inside Brennan is a softie, a fact she is simply incapable of expressing. It's this contrast between the scientific demeanor and the compassionate attitude that makes me love this character, and this show, so much. And did I mention Seely Booth? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment