Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A quick bit to let you know I'm still here!

I know the updates are getting less and less frequent, but it is a hazard of having a life. I try to peek in once in a while to let you know I'm still here and still writing. I am currently working on a short story for a collaboration I've been invited to be a part of which is exciting. I'm working on a cover for someone as well. And I'm starting the new job today, so that means this will most likely be a short entry.

Had a small heart attack the other night. My computer crashed and when it booted back up it had to use restore, so I lost all the files I'd saved in the last 24 hours. Which included a chapter I had taken from 622 words to 2,000 or so words. I almost cried. And it was one of the few times I hadn't backed it up on the laptop because the battery on it had died and it had shut off. But thankfully I was able to get it out of the autosave files. Why it was in the autosave and the actual file was gone I'll never know, but I did my happy dance and backed all my files up in all the places I save it. I also realized I haven't been backing up my art, so that has now been added to the files tat get frequently backed up.

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth, I would have cried. I hate it when the computer crashes and you haven't saved work or what have you. Thankfully, this computer has auto save so I usually, knock on wood, don't get screwed like that anymore. Sounds like you have a lot going on. Kudos to you. If you're anything like me, inspiration and creativity will strike something fierce now that you don't have more than a moment to do anything about it. LOL. Oh well, that's why some ingenious being created post-it notes, right? Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete