Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New look, new feel

As you might have already noticed, the site has had an overhaul. I changed the appearance, added several tabs and will soon be getting an official web domain address for it. :D I just want to be ready with a professional looking page before August 12, when you can all finally buy Natural Selection. July 12 I think I'm going to add a counter to count us down to the day. I'm ecstatic and terrified at the idea of my work being available to strangers. I'm not sure if it will ever be real to me, even after the books are publishing. I'm not expecting to be the next JK Rowling or Stephanie Meyers, but I wouldn't complain if I was.

Not sure if I've shared on here, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself. I have been in contact with my local library. They have already said they will carry my book, which is exciting on it's own. On top of that, they told me they are starting a once a month "author's day" and are adding me to the list of people who will be featured! This is wonderful news to me. Once the date is closer, I"m going to go to all the book stores in town and introduce myself to the owners and see about setting up a signing. I may even drive to some of the other bigger towns around me to do it as well. My greatest fear is that I put this out there and people don't respond to my work. Love it or hate, I want to evoke a response. Now if it can be the kind of book that you get sad because you're nearing the end, that would be great. Not that I made you sad, but that I gripped you so thoroughly!

I am still trucking along with Second Nature, though it kind of stalled out for a bit. I felt the story was shallow, so I went back and tore the last chapters into pieces, inserting other things to fill it out and give it a more 3D feel. I'm really loving some of my new characters I've introduced, and the story itself is developing well. Now I just need like five more hours in the day to actually spend writing and it'll be perfect!

7 comments:

  1. Your site looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, love the look of your site. Love the colours.

    Good luck with your writing and come visit me sometime.

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy Sakhi Complete Buy Sakhi Complete bridal jewellery Set & gold jewellery set from buymyJewel more than 100 designs with authentic jewellery certificate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the valuable information you provide on your articles.
    Wreckers near me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this great blog site. Very interesting and informative. Good job!
    Attractions near me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Efficiency starts with inventory management. Learn why ERP systems are crucial for used solar panel companies.

    ReplyDelete