Friday, February 15, 2013

Research fail ~ Fantasy Friday

As I started working on the nameless project I was planning to write, To Grandmother's House We Go suddenly popped back into my head with a new twist. The question was, could I pull it off? There was only one way to know for sure. To the internet!

I Googled until my fingers were nubs (ok, slight exageration) and a couple things became clear. 1) I spend way too much time Googling the strangest things and 2) There isn't a lot of reputable sites on gypsy magic. How can that be? Gypsy's have been a part of books and movies for so long, there has to be some sort of resource out there. The problem is that the Romani tradition (because gypsy is actually considered a slur) is an oral tradition only for the Roma. So I gathered what little I could find, read a couple books of the theme and watched some television shows and movies and filled in the rest with my own ideas. Hopefully the result will be amazing, but only time will tell. And if you know some that I don't list here, please share. I like to get as many facts as possible before I twist them to suit me.

Since I can't find information on Chuvani (Roma witches) and I can't share much about the Twisted Ones without giving too many spoilers, I'll share what I can: my cover and blurb.



Centuries ago, a covenant was made between the Chuvani and the Twisted Ones. Now in a rural community by Jubilee State Park, the old agreement will be broken.

Nadya Pietrangelo comes from a long line of gypsy witches. Now her grandmother's dementia has gotten so severe she is forced to move her into a nursing home. Nadya must travel to her grandparents' house, to pack it up and get it ready to sell before the taxes bankrupt her. But when she arrives, she discovers more than just nick knacks and furniture. Forgotten memories from a terrifying night in her childhood begin to resurface as a handsome stranger from her past reappears.

As the past she'd forgotten begins to repeat itself, Nadya must stand alone against the Twisted Ones to protect humanity and the ancient agreement that is all that stands between the world and chaos. Can she do the unthinkable and restore the balance or will the Twisted Ones enslave her as they tried to centuries ago?

1 comment:

  1. As the past she'd forgotten begins to repeat itself, Nadya must stand alone against the Twisted Ones to protect humanity and the ancient agreement that is all that stands between the world and chaos. Can she do the unthinkable and restore the balance or will the Twisted Ones enslave her as they tried to centuries ago?
    sana safinaz wholesale ,
    sana safinaz wholesale catalogue ,

    ReplyDelete