Thursday, May 12, 2011

*Happy Dance*


Natural Selection is finished. I lowered the word goal, but I'm OK with it. I'm happy with the story and though the goal was 65,000 words, my true goal was to be over 60,000 at the end of editing. So I will just have to be mindful of the fact that I only have 300 words worth of wiggle room to keep it in the target range. I can't get two people to agree on what length something officially becomes a novel, but I believe the general rule of thumb is >50,000 words, and I think I'm gonna go with that. The book is by no means done, I still need to do a final grammar edit, then it goes to my editor. Then I will edit it again. It is my goal to get the next edit done by the end of the month. As an incentive, I don't get to read the newest Sookie Stackhouse book until I finish this next edit. 

Before I get started on this newest edit though, I'm going to start blocking out and preparing to write Book Two of the Forces of Nature series, Second Nature. I hope to have it done by the time Natural Selection is ready to be published. It took about a month for Natural Selection so I'm hoping to do something similar with Second Nature. I have the cover about half done, so it will be added in with all the other pending covers i need to work on. I need to spend more time working on those, but the writing group is a siren's call I cannot seem to resist.

As the incentive reward for getting this done, I now get to read HP Mallory's A Tale of Two Goblins. If you haven't read her books and are interested, they're on sale for the next 4 days for $0.99! You should probably check that out because they're awesome. I’m off to go read now. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing & best of luck with the edits. I'm so close to being right there with you. I've also enjoyed reading your posts in the HP FB group - it's a great group and I'm glad to be a part of it. A special thanks for stopping by the blog & commenting. Hank's escapades never disappoint on Californication... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading it, Elizabeth. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete