Thursday, March 17, 2011

Write on!

So there will be two posts for today. I wanted to take a second to talk about yesterday's writing, because it was a good day. I got over one of the big hurdles in being mean to my characters and it felt pretty good. Wrote a very emotional scene that had me bawling. Shared it with others and they said it was very moving to them too. SO I'm proud of it. Thought about sharing it here, but it's a spoiler, which I don't want to have in a blog I hope to have for years to come.

I will be going on a cruise with some fellow writers and I'm seriously looking forward to it. Not sure exactly where we're going, and honestly I don't care because I will be content to be in good company. :)

Wound up hitting my 2500 words yesterday, which was a miracle really since I spent more time on Facebook than anything else. Had my first real Twitter conversations which is exciting. I really feel like I might be able to make something of this writing thing. *crosses fingers*

I'm seriously considering putting one of my shorter stories out to get my name out there. Haven't yet decided if I will or not. Don't know if I want to put a hold on Natural Selection to do. Will keep you informed of what I decide to do.

Look for Natural Selection Chapter One later today!!

3 comments:

  1. It's always a great feeling getting feedback on things you write. It makes all of the effort you put into it worthwhile. Looking forward to the chapter blog later on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't sure at first if I wanted to do my short story but I'm glad I did.
    Posting it actually made me excited to keep going with those characters.
    But I also have another story I'm working on that got pushed. I need more hours, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay congrats on the word goal! The cruise will be amazing. And if you have time and it won't cause you to lose momentum on Natural Selection then I think you should do the short story.

    ReplyDelete