Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Rambling, really...

I have no idea what day it is or when the last time I blogged is, but I wonder how many people really notice or care. ;-D Time seems to be accelerating on me, as it tends to do when I have a deadline looming.

School started this week and I'm only taking two classes, but it is definitely distracting. Both of my teachers are willing to work around the travel, so that's good. I'm looking forward to the Photoshop class and somewhat dreading the XTML Web Design class. But when it's all said and done I will be more of an asset to 4 Corners Press.

I've talked quite a bit about how to build a platform for my books, but I wonder if there is a way to do the same with my cover art. It helps that my designs are slowly being released, but I don't know if anyone's noticing. If I had to choose between writing or art, I honestly don't know which one I'd choose. I've been doing some random art for covers (like the one on this post) and maybe I'll create a tab for cover mocks. If you look under the Sharp Covers tab, those are real covers for books coming in the next year, if they're not yet released. Once I finish this PS class, I will take the advanced class, then I might start taking some traditional art classes. Anything to do something I love better. I really want to make a living doing what I love.

I need to get a page up showing the cover design pricing. I am in the process of creating packages, using my own book/swag to show the packages, so it's clear and easy to figure out the prices. But I can't decide if I should have a seperate blog for my covers or keep them attached to this one. Thoughts, opinions?

1 comment:

  1. I think you should keep your books and covers as to specific brands apart from each other. Your reader fans are not going to have much interest in your book covers, they will want to know more about what you are writing and your characters.

    ReplyDelete