Sunday, March 13, 2011

Back to work

Ladies and gentleman, it's official. Drum roll please. I have a book cover!!



So this is the image that will hopefully be associated with my book for years to come. And *pat on the back* I did it myself. *nods*

About the name.... It was brought to my attention that "Nature Lover" wasn't the best name for a young adults book. Since I agreed, I put up a poll for a day or so and we have come up with a nice evolution through the Forces of Nature series:

Natural Selection
Second Nature
Better Nature

I've been slacking and a little stuck in my writing and that stops today. My goal for the day is 2500 words and I will hit it. No excuses. The week before last I wound up writing in the neighborhood of 12,500 words. This week I've written 2,620. That's less than what I was doing in a single day! Admittedly, they can't all be 3,000 word days, but they should ALL be at least 6,000 word weeks. As often as I think about writing, I should be able to whip through it. I am terrified I'll do what I normally do and stagnate and abandon the book.

With this book things are different though. With the HP writing group's help I've taken some steps towards being a more "legitimate" writer. I even decided, despite my vows to the contrary that I would start a Twitter account. I'm up to 64 followers, which isn't too shabby, though I can't keep up. Too many tweets! I don't really know how else to expand my audience, but I'm doing what i can to get people interested in what I have to say. I have so many ideas, if I can get them out of my head and into my computer, I'm going to be around for awhile. But to get there I have to stick to this novel, no matter how hard getting there might be. Amelia wouldn't abandon me, how can I abandon her?

Today I have therapy at one, and I need to do some laundry, bu other than that I will spend the day writing. My goal for everyday this week except Friday is 2500 words. I'm giving myself Friday off since Thursday is St. Patrick's Day and I have no idea how hung over I might be...lol This puts my goal at 10,000 words for the week. I want to get this novel completely written by the end of April so I can start editing. My tentative goal for publication is the tail end of the year. Perhaps that's a little ambitious but if I can't get it done by then, I'm flexible.

4 comments:

  1. I admire your tenacity and enthusiasm. Beautiful cover!
    Now, go write... and I'll read you on twitter this afternoon, once my 10,000 words are done.
    We should make a twitter date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I know you can do it. If writing a novel was easy everyone would do it, the fact that you can do it is one of the many things that make you special. You will finish not only the book, but the entire series because I have to know the ending. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover! Keep on keeping on...your book will be done in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the cover! My eye travels from the title down the woman to your name, roams the beautiful scenery then starts all over again. Very good flow and imagery! You're doing fantastic, Elizabeth! Can't wait to read your book!

    ReplyDelete