Sunday, March 20, 2011

Natural Selection Playlist

So today I'm joining with some of my writing friends to do a journey through music. All of us are posting our writing playlists, so feel free to follow the links at the end for some other blogs I"m sure you will enjoy. Now I usually am a silent writer, or possibly white noise (tv turned down most often) but this book my muse has demanded music and slave to her whims that I am, I pull up the playlist. I have several, depending on what is happening. So without further adiu, the music of Natural Selection.

General Music

Head Full of Doubt Road Full of Promises ~ Avett Brothers

I and Love and You ~ Avett Brothers

All We Are ~ Matt Nathanson

Let It Be Me ~ Ray LaMontagne,

Nothing Left to Lose ~ Mat Kearney

Rainiest Day of Summer ~ Elizabeth and the Catapult

Kiss Goodbye ~ Little Big Town

If I Die Young ~ The Band Perry

The Crow and the Butterfly ~ Shinedown

In My Arms ~ Plumb

In My Daughter's Eyes ~ Martina McBride

How Can I Help You Say Goodbye ~ Patty Loveless

Somebody's Hero ~ Jamie McNeal

All I Want ~ Stained

Cut ~ Plumb

Down ~ Jason Walker

Here We Go ~ Mat Kearney

I Don’t Care ~ Apocalytica

Night Train ~ Amos Lee

Jar of Hearts ~ Christina Perri


The next list of songs are Amelia's favorites, songs that the real "Amelia' likes. I use these when I'm stuck or not sure what is going on in Amelia's head.

All Around Me ~ Flyleaf

Always ~ Saliva

Bad Girlfriend ~ Theory of a Deadman

Bartender ~ Rehab

Bittersweet ~ Apocalyptca

Bottom of a Bottle ~ Smile Empty Soul

Breathe Today ~ Flyleaf

Do You Call My Name ~ Ra

Fake It ~ Seether

Flavor of the Week ~ American Hi-Fi

Girl All the Bad Guys Want ~ Bowling for Soup

Gives You Hell ~ All American Rejects

Had Enough ~ Breaking Benjamin

Headstrong ~ Trapt

If You Could Only See ~ Tonic

What’s it Like ~ Everlast

Why Don’t You Get a Job~ Offspring


Now I have some special songs for different types of scenes. When they characters are plotting, or anything not quite climax but still pretty intense, these are my go to songs.

Uprising ~ Muse

In the End ~ Linkin Park

This is Not the End ~ The Bravery

Palladio ~ Escala


When the battle is hitting hard, my music needs to as well. When I think of hard hiting music, I naturally think hard rock.

Inside the Fire ~ Disturbed

Indestructible ~ Disturbed

Blow Me Away ~ Breaking Benjamin

Bring Me to Life ~ Evanescence


Lastly, during a tragedy, to help me get into the moment, some very special mood music was necessary.

Sad Romance ~ Thao Nguyen Xanh

Sad Music ~ Chiyako Fukuda

You and I, Unfulfilled Feelings ~ Todokanu Omoi


And that brings me to the end of the playlist. Need more? You're in luck because i know just where you should look!

Playlist Pallet ~Bat Country

The Power of a Playlist ~ Writings of a Dreamer

The Playlist: More Than Just Music to You Ears ~ The Musings of M.D. Christie

Playlist Muses ~ Nichole Chase

I'm Catching Up, I Promise ~ Inside the Mind of Wenona

Spell Checked ~ CG Powell

Gift of Blood ~VK Tremain

3 comments:

  1. Good selections! I like that you have them divided into categories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing what songs inspire books and characters! Very nice choices! Gives us a little more insight into the story...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH, good songs! I can't wait to read Natural Selection to get to know Amelia and feel the songs in your book! Thanks for sharing and linking!

    ReplyDelete