Saturday, March 5, 2011

"Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal." ~ Pamela Vaull Starr


So Chapter 14 is gonna be rough. I will definitely have to revisit it later. I think I'm about halfway to three quarters done, which is kinda short, but I will flesh it out in the edit. Nature Lover is 26, 577 words long as of right now, and I'm shooting for 60,000. I need to figure out the details that are plaguing me in Chapter 14 and iron out the final details. I have a vague idea, but I need to turn it into something more specific.

Tomorrow "Amelia" is coming over and we will go over dialogue. I run all of it by her to get her take on it and figure out how she would say it differently or get other ideas on things that she would do. So we'll be doing that.

I broke my Kindle today, so I has a sad. I fell asleep reading last night and didn't realize my Kindle had fallen on the floor when I got up. Amazon has already sent the replacement and they were awesome about it. No complaints here.

So I did make my 12,000 word goal for the week with some to spare. Unfortunately the budget won't allow for leg waxing so I will instead take tomorrow off (if my muse allows it) to watch some overdue DVR shows. Looks like ti's gonna be a busy week, so I'm setting a significantly lower goal of 8,000 words.

The picture I chose here is obviously and add, but somewhat like what I see as my cover art. I was thinking if they shot her from the back looking over her shoulder... Not sure what i"m going to do for cover art. I've made some inquiries and it's looking in the neighborhood of $375-$450 for cover art. How can I know this many artists, graphic designers and photographers and not have a better way to this. Might work with a photographer friend and design a specific photo shoot, but I'm not sure. I have time to figure it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment